Thursday, May 19, 2011

DIY Jumbo Dice



Okay, first thing's first.  Ask your husband for a 4x4 post for Valentine's Day.  Or, hop on over to Home Depot or Lowe's or some other such place and buy one for yourself.  Now, a 4x4 isn't actually 4 inches by 4 inches.  More like 3.5 by 3.5. Anyway, go ahead and get yourself a couple of cubes from your post.  Start by sanding your blocks.  I didn't do a ton of sanding - just enough to take away the chances of a huge splinter from picking them up.  Then I painted them brown.  Once the brown dried, I went over the top with an ivory paint.  That took quite a few coats to cover the brown enough.



Next, sand a bit of the ivory paint off so the brown peeks through.  I wanted a more rustic look to match the game room.  Then I cut out 42 circles using my Silhouette.  I made my circles about 9/10ths of an inch in diameter.  Then, using a real die as my guide, I placed the circles on the blocks.



Then I wrapped them up in some ivory netting and finished it off with a brown ribbon bow.  Perfect for gifting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment